In Bodega Campestral , we know that once we open a wine bottle , this supposes a drastic change for it, since when removing the cork, oxygen inevitably enters the bottle, which is put into contact with liquid (wine). This causes the wine to gradually lose its essential components such as its aroma, special flavor and quality.
You must bear in mind that the duration of the wine after opening the bottle that contains it and even keeping it in good storage conditions, varies depending on what type of wine it is and what vintage it is. have. For example, younger wines have a longer shelf life (than older ones); if it is a tannic wine, it will also be preserved a little longer than lighter ones.
It is key to know that the greater the amount of tannins and acidity in the red wine, the longer it will remain correct conditions once opened.
In order to give you a little more precision, we can say the following:
- The white wines and rosés last between 5 and 7 days stored in the fridge, with their cork stopper.
- In the case of red wine , it can be kept from 3 to 5 days stored in a dark and cool place and obviously with its cork stopper. Ideally, you should keep it in the fridge or if you can’t leave it outside but at a room temperature of 21ºC.
Tips to keep it longer after opening
There are a number of tips and recommendations that can be followed to slow its deterioration. We will tell you about it below:
- Do not leave the wine open: first of all, a very important recommendation is that after opening a bottle of wine you cover it again. Never leave it open on the table. In this way, you will prevent it from rusting further.
- Keep it with its own cork: sommeliers recommend that it be kept as much as possible with its own cork, but in case it is broken, you can opt for a special stopper for wine. Make sure it is very well covered and that no air enters it. Today, you can find stoppers that hermetically seal the wine and keep it for longer.
- Keep the bottle in the fridge: the cold will slow down its degradation and the oxidation will be much slower.
- Light alters the properties of the wine: for this reason we recommend that the wine be in a dark environment that is not exposed to direct sunlight.
- Always leave it upright: after opening your bottle, never keep it horizontal!
- Buying a quality wine: not only will it be richer, but it will also last longer without oxidizing.
Did you know these tips to store your wines?
We hope that the information that we give you today will be useful to you, and if you are thinking of enjoying a exquisite wine , enter our store and discover a wide variety de Natural Wines.